May 21, 2012

summer

summer '11: i entered a summer photography contest a year ago. i asked my friend lois if i could take pictures of her for my 'summer picture.' we had so much fun putting flowers in her hair, and i had so much fun taking pictures of her. she is so beautiful. i had a hard time picking which picture to enter that i had passed the due date without even realizing it. i felt so stupid, but at least we took pretty pictures. i hope that for this summer i will be able to take more pretty pictures with my sister, elselyn, and my brothers girlfriend, lainy. i also hope to get better at taking self-portraits. my sister bought me a ton a of vita film from holland, my brother is bringing me twenty batteries! and a friend of mine, here in indonesia, knows where to get converters for my film cameras to attach to my digital body. i am so excited! i cannot wait to learn more about what i can do, to grow more in what makes me indescribably happy. for some reason, pictures just make me happy. capturing memories, beauty, life! it all comes together in one photograph.
i cannot wait to be out of school, finally. to just enjoy the freedom that summer always brings. to spend time with my family. to travel  and visit friends that i miss so much. to take pictures with them! to create a summer that i have carefully documented through pictures and journal entries. a summer that i will never forget. one that i will recognize growth in relationships as well as in my love for photography. only three more days and five exams till i'm done with junior year.
wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Each word of encouragement is much appreciated!