May 12, 2012

christmas 2010: my family, jonneke (photorapher friend), and i went out to take some family pictures. we didn't go far from where we lived, but managed to decide where we would take pictures. this was a great experience for me. jonneke brought all of her camera gear with her, it was my personal playground for that whole wintery, cold afternoon. i used one of her 5D mark II's with an 85mm lens, at least that's what i can call to memory now. i didnt' know much back then. only that i loved the feeling of the camera in my hands. they were my eyes, except that they could be altered to see exactly what i wanted to see and i could keep that image to look back on for later times (like now). i had my huge winter jacket on, but it limited my ability to move comfortably. so there i was, in the snow with no jacket and freezing hands. i have to admit, the pictures i took didn't turn out fantastic. but this one. this one caught my eye. i love how my sister is holding tim so tight with that enormous grin on both their faces. they matched that day. the two of them are just way too adorable. i love them both so much! only one more week till i see her again, and him a little after. this summer is bound to be full of fun, late night talks, and a lot of swimming. i can't wait to make more memories with these two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Each word of encouragement is much appreciated!