June 02, 2012

jogja

this reminded me of vampire weekend 
i have a craze for elephants. maybe its my childhood memories from when i lived in india. 
elselyn, exhausted from walking 

a beautiful indonesian lady selling souvenirs 
we went to jogja last weekend. we roamed around marlioboro; a place where a lot of tourist go to buy souvenirs. i felt like i was in bali again. the heat. the men and women calling out prices. we didn't last long walking down through the streets. so we went to a restaurant called via via. it was decorated with vibrant colors and paper mache masks on the walls. they sold hand made journals that were simply plain paper on the inside. i bought a few. i intend to use one as a memory book for this summer. fill it up with all my favorite pictures. which is almost what my blog is. a compilation of memories that i hold dear. i wonder about people who read and look through this blog. what do they think? do they like my pictures? what do they feel when they go through the pages? i hope that one day i will be able to show emotion through my pictures. that i will be able to depict the world around me in a way that shows people how i see things. not to manipulate, but to enhance the beauty of the ordinary. i dont know how much i do that now, but one day, you will see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Each word of encouragement is much appreciated!