February 04, 2013

Kelsey / film

"Thats the first story lesson I ever learned, 
use what you know, draw from it.
It doesn't always mean plot or fact, 
it means capturing a truth from your experiences, 
expressing values you personally feel deep down 
to your core." Andrew Stanton



Kelsey, my bestfriends (kohl) sister, was here and I loved every moment of it. It was so nice to have a girl around that was relatable and easy to talk to. She's so much fun and has so much life and personality. I know people throw those terms and words around so much, but this girl really lives it. We had this photoshoot the day before she left in a cornfield near Lukas' house. It was the first time that I shot a whole series on film. And now I've fallen so in love with it that I've been doing it more often. I used to just take my analogue camera with me wherever i went to capture random things that happened throughout the day, and i still do. But now i've begun to realize the quality, simplicity, and the perfect imperfections that film delivers. I hope you all enjoy the photos as much as i enjoyed taking them.

2 comments:

  1. love your blog! your pictures are so beautiful! i followed! would be so honoured if you checked out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following! I took a look at yours too, it's lovely.

      Delete

Thank you! Each word of encouragement is much appreciated!